Tuesday, August 9, 2011

No Churn Blueberries and Cream Ice Cream


Maybe I've been under a rock or something but I had no idea that you could make ice cream without an ice cream machine!  And it is so rich and so good!

I found this wonderful recipe on a website a few days ago.  I copied and pasted it to a recipe folder on my computer desktop but did not save the site.  So I apologize for not being about to give credit for the genius inspiration behind this recipe.  I of course, made a few changes to it because that's what I do.

I used blueberry syrup found near the pancake syrup if you don't want to make your own syrup.


 

Let's Get Started:

No Churn Blueberries and Cream Ice Cream

1 (8 ounce) box of cream cheese
1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups whipping cream, cold
3/4 cup blueberry syrup

In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until creamy and smooth. Slowly add condensed milk, creaming between each addition to avoid lumps. Just kind of drizzle it in slowly. Stir in vanilla extract and heavy cream. Switch to the whisk attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form when beaters are lifted.

Spread half into an 8×8 inch, square baking dish. Drizzle half of the blueberry syrup over the cream mixture. Top with remaining cream mixture, spreading evenly. Drizzle with the rest of the blueberry syrup. Using a knife, swirl the syrup into the cream mixture. Cover with foil and freeze overnight.


 

*Allow to sit out for 10-15 minutes before serving.
*Run spoon under hot water for a few seconds to help it move through ice cream.
*This is best eaten within one week.




Print Here

3 comments:

  1. This ice cream looks delicious! I like the fact that it is eggless. The fruit addition must be perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about how I wanted to try blueberry muffin batter ice cream and this recipe looks awfully close to what I was thinking of! Thanks for posting it, I'll for sure be trying this soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so easy to make! Blueberry muffin batter ice cream? Holy cow....that sounds so good!!

    ReplyDelete