Monday, August 1, 2011

Neapolitan Rice Krispie Treats


Is this not the best idea for rice krispie treats?  They are so yummy and absoultely adorable. They are the perfect back to school treat!! 

Let's Get Started:
Neapolitan Rice Krispie Treats
Slightly altered from this recipe at the Mixing Bowl
Strawberry Layer
4 cups strawberry marshmallows
2 TBSP real butter
4-5 cups rice crispy cereal (I used 4 1/2)

Vanilla Layer
4 cups marshmallows
2 TBSP real butter
4-5 cups rice crispy cereal (I used 4 1/2)
                                         1 teaspoon of vanilla extract 
( remove pan with marshmellows from heat, stir in vanilla,  add cereal)

Chocolate Layer
4 cups marshmallows
2 TBSP real butter
4-5 cups cocoa rice crispy cereal (I used 4 1/2)

Spray a 9 X 13 pan with cooking spray. Set aside. Start with the chocolate layer. Melt marshmallows and butter in a non-stick sauce pan over low heat, until completely melted. Stir to combine butter and marshmallows and then add in cereal.  Butter or spray one hand or large spatula and use it to press into the bottom of the pan evenly. Press to make it  compact. Then repeat with the vanilla layer and strawberry layer.  Let it set for about 30 minutes to an hour. Turn out onto cutting board and cut. Store in an airtight container.



7 comments:

  1. This is trully delicious! I like the concept behind this. Very nice try! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun, smart idea. Pretty and I bet kids love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute!! I love rice krispie treats (is there anyone who doesn't?) and I am going to make this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the picture and thought, I have to check these out. Such a cool recipe, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! What a great idea on a twist on the traditional rice krispie treats!

    ReplyDelete