Sunday, September 18, 2011

S'mores and Turtle Kiss Pies




This is my kicked up version of the kiss pie.  A Hershey's kiss and a little pie crust just wasn't enough to statisfy my sweet tooth.  If a little bit of caramel, pecans, and chocolate sound good to you then we're on the right track.  If marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs, and chocolate are more your style, I've got something for you too!


Let's Get Started:

Turtle Kiss Pies

1 refrigerated pie crust (I rolled mine out to make it a little thinner)
Pecans
Caramel bits
Hershey kisses
3 Tablespoons of melted butter
1 Tablespoon sugar

I didn't give exact measurements because it's going to depend on how much you want to put into each kiss pie and how large you cut your squares or circles from the pie crust.

I placed a Hershey kiss, several caramel bits, and a couple of pinches of pecans on top of the pie crust and then cut a square big enough to be able to pull the sides together.  Using a glass and cutting a circle out will work too. 



Pull the sides together above the kiss to seal everything in.




This step is optional--Melt butter and stir in sugar to combine. Brush the top of each kiss pie with melted sugar butter. 



Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes on 400 degrees F .



S'mores Kiss Pies

1 refrigerated pie crust (I rolled mine to make it a little thinnner)
Hershey kisses
marshmallows
graham cracker crumbs
3 Tablespoons of butter
1 Tablespoon of sugar

I didn't give exact measurements because it's going to depend on how much want to put into each pie and how large you cut your squares or circles from the pie crust.


I placed a Hershey kiss, a few marshmallows, and a couple of pinches of graham cracker crumbs on a section of the pie crust and cut squares around it, allowing enough space to fold the edges together.

I added 4 marshmallows to each kiss pie but will add more next time.  Four just didn't seem to be enough.




Bring the edges together above the kiss and seal.




This step is optional--Melt butter and stir in sugar to combine.  Brush the tops of each kiss pie.

Bake for about 15 minutes on 400 degrees F on a greased cookie sheet.















11 comments:

  1. Lovely filling for these pastry pockets! I have seen smores fixed many different ways but using pastry is a fantastic idea. Simply delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple and yet so mouthwatering! I want both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UM I want one of each please. They look so good and I love that they are little pies YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to use the pastry for these, Shay! They look so good. I will have at least 3 of each please :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! What an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute! I saved some extra pie crust and may have to take advantage of it with this recipe:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only got to taste a Turtle Kiss Pie. My kids and their friends devoured them before I could even get a picture of what they look like inside. My red headed 5 yr old was kind enough to give me one--and only one--bite! So at the very least they are kid approved!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute! And completely irresistible from the sounds of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shay! I stopped by to visit and say thank you for the friend add on FB. So you are an Army wife? Great! I was in the Air Force years ago so I know that moving around can happen regularly. Great blog. And I like your Turtle Kiss Pies. Please stop by and visit my site when you get a chance. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found these on Pinterest. We'll have to make them because we have the same Pfalzgraff pattern! I love our dishes!

    ReplyDelete