Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting




I got this recipe years ago at a recipe exchange. 

The banana cake is rich, moist, and bursting with banana flavor.  I love the flavor of this cake. 

The cream cheese frosting is simple and a great compliment. 

I've made this as a cake and cupcakes. 

It's also super easy to half...which is a great option if you'd like only 12 cupcakes instead of 24 calling your name!




Let's Get Started:


Banana Cupcakes

4  very ripe bananas-mashed
2 cups white sugar
2 cups self-rising flour
2 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract



Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

Grease cupcake liners or 9 x 13 pan

Combine sugar and self-rising flour in a large bowl.  Add bananas, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.  Beat until combined on low-medium speed. 

Pour dough into prepared cupcake liners.

Bake for 15-18 minutes or until inserted toothpick is clean.






Cream Cheese Frosting

1 (8 ounce) box of cream cheese, softened
1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter, softened
1 (1 pound) box of confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Beat all ingredients in a large bowl until smooth on medium speed.
















9 comments:

  1. The cupcakes look just perfect! I love banana cake, so I will have to try these... now for a lactose free cream cheese frosting..... hmmmm. It is my absolute favorite though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simple list of ingredients in these cupcakes. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! -Bananas and Cream Cheese. What a perfect combination. I can see my family really enjoying these. This is definitely a keeper in my recipe file. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pairing of the banana with the cream cheese and it is really amazing that these are made with so few ingredients. Your pictures look tasty-yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding! These sound so yummy. I'm addicted to banana bread and I'm thinking a banana cupcake with cream cheese frosting would be off the HOOK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Banana cake, banana cupcake, banana muffins!! I love all of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always combine banana cupcakes with cheese frosting. Your recipe sounds very good!
    Eftychia from: http://www.dreamofcakes.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cant go wrong with that frosting its the best part everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really enjoyed this! The frosting did not come out as expected but still wonderful!

    ReplyDelete