Saturday, May 28, 2011

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies



For my very first post I've decided to share one of my very favorite recipes. Chocolate chip cookies. I love 'em! I have several go to recipes that I use. It just depends on what I have on hand. These won't disappoint...at all! Cream cheese and chocolate....it doesn't get any better. Does it? The cream cheese isn't an obvious addition either. No one ever has to know your secret ingredient. These cookies and light, fluffy, soft, chewy, and oh so sweet! They may be the perfect chocolate chip cookie.....ever.




Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Jenn
Check her out she's got some great stuff!

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
8oz package of cream cheese, softened
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
12oz bag of milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips






Let's Get Started:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside until later.

 Beat the cream cheese and the butter on medium speed until creamy and light, should take about 2 minutes.
Add the brown sugar and  then mix well. 
Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed and add the egg and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute.
Slowly, add the flour mixture a little at a time, until well combined. 
Fold in chocolate chips.
I suggest placing the dough in the freezer for a few hours. In my experience the cookies come out better. But, this step isn't necessary.
Roll dough into walnut size balls then place on a greased cookie sheet. 
Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden in your pre-heated oven. Let rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes then move to a wire rack to cool completely.

 Pour yourself a glass of cold milk, sit down, and enjoy! 






2 comments:

  1. Okay... I thought the macadamia nut cookies had me... but now I'm really loving your recipes. I love to use cream cheese for desserts (buy the stuff like crazy when it goes on sale) and I have totally never seen anyone put it in chocolate chip cookies. I am not a baker (more a cook) but I NEED to try these cookies so they are going to the top of the list. YUM! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are my favorite cookies of all time! I use a lot of cream cheese too. Love the stuff! Let me know what you think after you make them. The dough also freezes well.

    ReplyDelete